Can you extrapolate from the table, I wouldn't. Can you calculate the required section modulus for a 14 ft trapeze span, yes. Would you want someone whose name ends in PE to sign off on it, definitely.

.
At 12:04 PM 5/20/2008, you wrote:
Forumites,



I searched the archives and didn't find a discussion on this topic.

Here's my question?



Can I extrapolate out beyond the 10'-0" length on the section modulus
required for trapeze in table 9.1.1.6.1(a) '07ed.?



A fitter called this morning wanting 14' trapeze hangers for 4" pipe. He was
placing the main in the wrong location but it brought up an interesting
question. I noticed that the section modulus has a linear increase with
trapeze length.

For 4" Sch 10 y=.085x, where y=section modulus & x=Trapeze length. So, for a
14' trapeze for 4" sch 10, would a 1.19 section modulus work?

Do I have to have the initials PE after my name to think these thoughts?



Thanks,



Randy Knutson

Shilo Automatic Sprinkler, Inc.

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
www.fpdc.com
860.535.2080 _______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to