Not to make you feel wordsmith challenged, but

You also have the "Concentric Vertical Birdcage" piping layout I used once in
an attic area.
Picture a rectangular building with a wood truss roof system where all the
trusses run from the exterior wall towards the center of the building.
(Think PYRAMID!)

Ran a looped piping system (all 1" pipe) around the attic at each sprinkler
level then made it a grid by feeding it from both ends and tying in all (4)
looped lines to the cross main (1 1/4") on each end.

When the AHJ asked what this piping system was called I said (in my most
authoritative voice) a "Concentric Vertical Birdcage" piping system ;-)
He was SOOOO impressed, he took the rest of the day off and went for coffee...
Said his head was hurting, or something to that effect.

OK, no more post from me today ;-)

Ray Vance
Chief Engineering Tech.
Wayne Automatic Fire Sprinklers, Inc.