-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thom
McMahon
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 4:10 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: The sky is falling

Ron:

You need to be a member of American Concrete institute to access all of
ACI
318-08, but their web site does say that there are changes expected to
the
08 document from the public comment period. The ICC web site also has it
For
Sale at
http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=ACI+318-08&sp-a=00020177-sp00000000
&sp-
f=ISO-8859-1&sp-c=10&Search.x=9&Search.y=9
I have not read it however if my guess is right, the reason for cracked
concrete is that "It will be cracked after a seismic event, even if it
isn't
when you install the anchor" With that as a basis of design I would say
it
will apply to all hangers in a seismic structure. Sure hope someone from
Hangers and bracing steps up and fields this one.

But I've been wrong before!

Thom McMahon, SET
Firetech, Inc.
2560 Copper Ridge Dr