Generally "Furniture" would not extend up to the ceiling, and so not be
blocking the spray pattern, that developed for the room. A converted closet
will since there is a lintel over what used to be the door that extends to
the ceiling. The secondary issue is if the area was included in the area of
protection provided by the sprinklers in the room, formerly the "Adjoining
room"? If not some method of protection should be supplied, unless a
specific exception can be met.

A single head at the top of the closet/linen cabinet should suffice. If you
add 14-15 Gpm to a 3x3 space, that cooling effect will be huge, and while
water may not directly contact the burning materials, the normally loose
fitting shelves of a cabinet, will allow the water to wet the interior
surfaces of the cabinet all the way to the floor.

So unless this is a "Suppression mode" system, I would say "containment" was
the likely result, if a fire occurred in the cabinet/closet with a single
sprinkler head at the top.

My two peso's, and well worth it, Se?

Thom McMahon, SET
Firetech, Inc.