Thinking in terms of cross connection, though, I think I would shut down the
sprinkler system, crack the drain, and see if there is flow.  Then I would
throttle the domestic, keeping some flow to push water toward the
sprinklers.  then, with a stethoscope or one of those fancy gadgets I'd try
to pinpoint where there is flow.  Larger pipe towards smaller, of course.

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 5:07 PM, ParsleyConsulting <
[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm with you on this one Ed.  I'm wondering if someplace in that
> building someone hasn't made a cross connection to the domestic system?
> --
> PARSLEY CONSULTING
> Ken Wagoner, SET
> 760.745.6181 voice
> 760.745.0537 fax
> [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> e-mail
> www.ParsleyConsulting.com <http://www.ParsleyConsulting.com> website
>
>
> Ed Vining wrote:
> > How about starting by shutting off the domestic supply? A well maybe? If
> > that doesn't start you towards it, you may have found the fountain of
> > youth.
> >
> > Ed Vining
> >
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
>
> For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]
>
> To Unsubscribe, send an email 
> to:[email protected]<to%[email protected]>
> (Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
>



-- 
Ed Vining
4819 John Muir Rd
Martinez CA 94553
925-228-8792
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to