I'm interested in the groups experiences and comments about using oil filled
compressors in dry systems. The reason I broach the subject is that many
coupling manufacturers include in their datasheet: "Approved by Factory Mutual
Research for wet and dry (oil free air) sprinkler services up to the rated
working pressure".  Without an air/oil separator installed in the air supply
line some of the air compressor oil is going to make it in the system.  Oil
filled compressors are cheaper (in some cases) than oil less; and cheaper is
good practice these days as long as the rules are followed.

Thanks,

Ryan Peterson
Design Manager
Wayne Automatic Fire Sprinklers