Because retrofits, as you know, are very expensive, and try to get a loan for
putting in sprinks. Now if I were doing a general remodel I'd certainly include
them in the budget. And for me they'd be cheaper than for the many reading
this. I don't know how many here can design and seal their own plans, have a
materials account, and the requisite fitter's skills, or own a sprinkler
company. And if a general is involved in a remodel they'll be stepping hard on
the sprinklers even though they'll blame the high price on the sprinks while
whining about not making money. There's a reason that when you go to get a
contractor's license you have a special line to stand in (everybody else goes
to a general business license line) and have to post a sudstantial bond, or why
I'm right this minute listening to an L&I radio ad giving me, the consumer,
hints on how to keep from getting ripped off by a contractor. Hard to imagine
in this age of concern for honesty & integrity over greed & avar
 ice, but it does happen.

Ron Greenman
...On the phone