From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Rod DiBona
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 1:18 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Project Specifications

While I understand what David and some others are saying about excessive RFI's
from incompetent sprinkler companies etc I believe that your post points out
what most of know to be true the majority of the time.... Most RFI's are
created by sprinkler companies needing information that wasn't provided by the
A/E team for us to do a proper design. The implication that I get when I read
that phrase is ... you figure it out don't bother me with it or I am going to
charge you for my time. Reminds me of the stuff we see often where the typical
warehouse building has 30 sidewalls and the documents say to sprinkler per NFPA
yet we have no idea how or what is being stored. Also, I am trying to figure
out how slowing the job down increases profit? Kinda always thought the
opposite was usually true...

Rod at Rapid