I met George through this Forum and through many off-forum email conversations. 
I had the privilege of spending time with him in person at a number of AFSA 
conventions and even at my brother's wedding in Mexico. I am glad that my wife 
and I were able to spend an evening alone with the Churches at the San Antonio 
convention; and for the day I spent visiting them in Selinsgrove as part of a 
business trip. Of course, during my visit to PA, we didn't just hang out at his 
house, but went for a ride in the Triumph to see the offices and shop of Rowe 
Sprinkler. He certainly was proud of his wife, daughter, and his family at 
Rowe. He was especially proud of being a member of this fire sprinkler and 
greater fire protection community nationwide.

I can thank George for my University of Iowa golf shirt.  While I am an 
alumnus, I hadn't owned one. But Iowa kept beating Penn State in football, so I 
simply HAD to have one to wear at the last San Diego convention. When George 
was speaking about the upcoming NFPA 3 in his first AFSA seminar, I wore it 
sitting in the front row to tease and to hopefully ease his nerves.

We will miss your input on this Forum, including the rants and typos.

Rest in peace.
Mark A. Sornsin, P.E. | Karges-Faulconbridge, Inc. | Fire Protection Engineer | 
Fargo, ND | direct: 701.552.9905 | mobile: 701.371.5759 | 
http://www.kfiengineers.com
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to