From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Brian Harris
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 12:47 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Fire Flow vs Hydraulic calc's

Can someone please put into laymen's terms the difference between doing a fire
flow demand calc for the underground and the hydraulic calc's for the sprinkler
system? We have been running into some projects lately where the civil engineer
tries to pawn sizing the underground off onto the sprinkler contractor. I try
telling them that's their responsibility not ours but I'd like something more
definitive to have on hand.

Brian Harris, CET
BVS Systems Inc.
Sprinkler Division