I've had very good luck with HP, but I am not doing anywhere near the volume. You are working on print shop quantities so that puts it in a different league.

Todd G Williams, PE Fire Protection Design/Consulting Stonington, CT 860-535-2080 (ofc) 860-608-4559 (cell) Sent using CloudMagic [https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=ti&cv=6.0.64&pv=8.2] On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 1:08 PM, Ben Young <derblitzkrie...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been asked to get a plan in place for when we have to replace our
current plotter. We have an Oce TDS 600 which is hard to get electrical
parts for, and the controller is causing our IT department all kinds of
headaches.

The TDS 600 is really a beast of a printer and hasn't been down more than
half a day in over five years, so we're very happy with the Oce Brand.

My issue is going to Color. Right now I'm looking at the Colorwave 500,
which is slightly slower, but isn't inkjet based (gel toner pearls, instant
dry, no special paper, etc.) Have others moved into color for their field
prints?

Obviously bid drawings are rarely in color, so I'm thinking only about
5-10% of the printing we do is going to be in color, and we average about
16,000 sqft per month.

Any other manufacturers I should consider that can match the long-term
reliability of Oce?

So consumer reports doesn't test plotters, so reviews or other pro/con
information is scant for me at this point, so I thought I would throw this
out to the sprinkler forum people since we probably all have to print our
stuff out at some point.

Any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Benjamin Young