Up to 2016 (2013 adopted in jurisdiction). Could be both cartooned and exposed. That is a debate as well.

Todd G Williams, PE Fire Protection Design/Consulting Stonington, CT 860-535-2080 (ofc) 860-608-4559 (cell) Sent using CloudMagic [https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=ti&cv=6.0.64&pv=8.2]
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Scott Futrell <sco...@ffcdi.com> wrote:
Todd,

Which edition are you using and are the commodities cartoned or exposed?

Scott

Office: (763) 425-1001 x 2

Cell: (612) 759-5556

From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Todd Williams
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2016 8:26 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: K25 ESFR and plastic storage.

I am working on a location with existing K25 ESFR sprinklers. This is an existing building where a new client is moving in. The ceiling height is approximately 25 ft and there will be rack storage of plastics (both expanded and unexpanded) to 20 ft. Looking through the chart in 13, there are some section (the ones I am interested in) that only include 14.0 and 16.8. Any particular reason why K25s aren't listed in these situations?