From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Travis Mack; MFP Design, LLC
Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 4:19 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: 175 degree sprinks in attic.

We had this issue in AZ with the interstitial sprinklers.  They were only rated
at 175F.  That is a problem in Arizona attics.  They have now come out with
200F sprinklers.  I questioned one of the manufacturers at one time and they
referred me back to the chart in NFPA 13 that says you must use intermediate
temp and they said that the 175 was fine.  However, there was little response
when I said the 50F above ambient temp.  Attics in AZ get above 125F without
much trouble.

So, to your question, I believe there were some stories of activations due to
excess temps.  Depending on your location and temperatures, it may not be as
much of an issue.

Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
3356 E Vallejo Ct