I have existing sprinklers under concrete pan (obstructed) construction that
are located 22” below the deck.  My concern is that the “beams” are 10” deep.
That means the deflectors are not within 1-6” of the bottom of the structural
member.  Am I not applying the correct arrangement from NFPA 13, 2013 ed.
8.6.4.1.2?  I believe (1) is the only arrangement that works for this scenario.
 Was the 1-6” below the bottom of the structural member added in recent years?

Thank you.

Reed Roisum

Reed A. Roisum, SET | Karges-Faulconbridge, Inc. | Senior Fire Protection
Designer | Fargo, ND | direct: 701.552.9903 | mobile: 701.388.1352 |
KFIengineers.com<http://www.kfiengineers.com>