What are you waiting for.....

1) Request a written Notice of Violation which requires the adopted code
citation(s).

2) Review the NOV and determine if code citation is correct, if a) if correct
then advise client and comply if b)  not correct than;

3) File Notice of Appeal to the respective entity that handles appeals. Argue
the incorrect citation demonstrating the correct code section.

4) Alternatively some state agency's have a regulatory bureau that hears
complaints about inspectors, but again be certain you are correct else the
issue could be sent to the sprinkler contractor licensing board for a
compentency hearing.

In closing if the client does not want to do this then comply with the notice
right or wrong. The power is in the clients hands to uphold the code. Before
everyone chimes in I understand the part about not pissing off inspectors but
the choice is yours.  Last but not least before throwing that rock be sure your
house isn't made of glass.

John

John Drucker
Fire & Electrical Subcode Official