From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> On Behalf
Of tfscolorado via Sprinklerforum
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 1:02 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org; Mark Phillips
<philli...@pyebarkerfire.com>
Cc: tfscolorado <tfscolor...@aol.com>; John Irwin <jir...@quickresponsefl.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Testing of existing systems

John, you have probably spent more time and effort fighting this issue versus
just doing a test.  200 add and relocates is a lot and I would think you should
put a test on it even if it is not code required (which I believe it is) for
your benefit and warranty.  If your guys did a good job, a 200 # test should
not be a big deal.  As they say choose you battles wisely.Jim AdamsSent from my
Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: John Irwin via Sprinklerforum
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org> Date: 8/19/20  7:11 AM  (GMT-07:00)
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org, Mark Phillips
<philli...@pyebarkerfire.com> Cc: John Irwin <jir...@quickresponsefl.com>
Subject: Re: Testing of existing systems I included this reference in my
response. From 4 different editions of 13. As well as a half dozen informal
interpretations from AFSA and explanatory comments from the handbook.John
IrwinWest Coast Branch ManagerQuick Response Fire Protection727-282-9243Typed
on tiny keys, just for you. Please forgive spelling errors, typographical
transgressions and grammatical gaffs.________________________________From: Mark
Phillips <philli...@pyebarkerfire.com>Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 9:07:24
AMTo: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>Cc: John Irwin
<jir...@quickresponsefl.com>Subject: RE: Testing of existing systemsI would be
arguing the point of 25.2.1.4.2 of NFPA 13 2016How are you isolating relocated
drops?Mark PhillipsBranch ManagerFire Sprinkler Design, Install,
InspectionsService, Backflows, Fire Alarm Inspections832-101 Purser
DriveRaleigh NC 27603Phone: 919-779-4010Fax    : 919-779-4014Cell   :
919-268-7587Email : PhillipsM@pyebarkerfire.comWeb   :
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.pyebarkerfire.com__;!!B5cixuoO7ltTeg!TRXWHQ-e_usaUH4VcdQhIOn_24PD8P61popS_t8IMDorh4B4s36QJ-LCAtqitwpgDg$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.pyebarkerfire.com__;!!B5cixuoO7ltTeg!TRXWHQ-e_usaUH4VcdQhIOn_24PD8P61popS_t8IMDorh4B4s36QJ-LCAtqitwpgDg$
 >-----Original Message-----From: Sprinklerforum
<sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> On Behalf Of John Irwin via
SprinklerforumSent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 6:16 PMTo:
Sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.orgCc: John Irwin
<jir...@quickresponsefl.com>Subject: RE: Testing of existing
systems[EXTERNAL]Nobody has an informal code interpretation on this? I don't
believe we're all just putting 200 psi on other people's pipe. Anything saved
from AFSA, NFSA or NFPA would be great. ThanksJohn IrwinQuick Response Fire
Protection"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten." - Benjamin FranklinFrom: John IrwinSent: Monday,
August 17, 2020 3:52 PMTo: Sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.orgSubject:
Testing of existing systemsNFPA 13 2013 25.2.1.6 or NFPA 13 2016 25.2.1.4We're
doing a 200+ sprinkler add and relocate and the new fire marshal has decided
that 200 sprinkler relocates is a lot and that I should put 200 psi on the
existing piping. So we're playing the game of escalation and code
interpretation.Does anyone have a code interpretation from AFSA, NFSA or NFPA
on this? Her stance is that the code says "such as relocated drops" and I may
have added a few drops.I am sure we have all come across this right?John
IrwinQuick Response Fire Protection"The bitterness of poor quality remains long
after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Benjamin
Franklin_______________________________________________Sprinklerforum mailing
 mailing
listSprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.orghttp://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org