Would small hoses at a stage qualify?

Mike Hill

-----Original Message-----
From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> On Behalf
Of Kyle.Montgomery via Sprinklerforum
Sent: Friday, October 2, 2020 3:16 PM
To: 'sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org'
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Cc: Kyle.Montgomery <kmontgom...@aerofire.com>
Subject: 8.17.5 Hose Connections

So, I understand the "Small [1 ½ in. ] Hose Connections" that are discussed in
8.17.5.1. You typically find these in rack storage warehouses.

But I'm confused by 8.17.5.2 Hose Connections for Fire Department Use. What
hose connections would these be? Or, perhaps I should ask when these hose
connections would be required. The description and the associated figures looks
like it is referring to the hose valves you would find as part of a combined
sprinkler/standpipe system. But the commentary in the handbook says
specifically "These connections are not to be treated as standpipe hose
connections".

-Kyle M