From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> On Behalf
Of David Williams via Sprinklerforum
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 9:19 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Cc: David Williams <david.willi...@lhbcorp.com>
Subject: Tyco LFP - antifreeze

Hey Scott and other cold weather practitioners in Fire Protection. Any feed
back on the "new" Tyco LFP antifreeze. Looks like it may have some use in
southern MN locations, but with Duluth at annual 99% extreme of -24.9 and 50
year extreme at -36.6 maybe not such a good idea yet. We plan on sticking with
the dry systems we have been specifying since the flammability concerns about
glycol came out unless working south of Minneapolis!

As per Scott we spec nitrogen for dry systems, but it sure seems owners want to
take the VE from the sprinkler contractors even when we present the long term
value to them.

David Toshio Williams, PE*, FPE - Lead MEP/FP Engineer (*Registered in MN, WI,
MI, IA, IL, IN, ND, VT)
21 West Superior Street, Suite 500, Duluth, MN 55802 Direct 218.279.2436 | Cell
218.310.2446 LHBcorp.com LHB, Inc. | PERFORMANCE DRIVEN DESIGN.

...sent from the cloud through the tubes!