Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not sure that `refresh_namespacebrowser`
will work the way I need it to. If I understand it correctly, it calls for
the console to return the serialized contents of the console namespace. The
objects I want to exchange are instances that contain things like open COM
ports or device handles that can't be pickled. And even if they could, the
widget and console versions of the object would be copies of one another
(not views) and changes to one would not be reflected in the other (without
some sort of refresh mechanism to make a new copy). Am I understanding this
properly? or does that method really return a view?

Thanks.