I just added that change a couple of hours ago, so it's not part of any released version of Spyder.

El 19/02/18 a las 12:52, Jürg Rast escribió:
Ah ok. Thank you for the information.

There is even this line in setup.py:

    'pyqt5<5.10;python_version>="3"',

which should prevent the installation of PyQt 5.10, however, somehow 5.10 was installed anyway during 'pip install -U spyder'...