When I try to upgrade Spyder in Navigator, the upgrade doesn't finish. The
only way I have gotten Sypder 5.3.3 is as a stand-alone.

Is there a way to uninstall anaconda and all of its components, folders,
shortcuts etc. in case my previous installations are causing problems? I've
tried plain uninstall, but I'm always left with folders etc.