Any response on this?
I also cannot upgrade Spyder from 5.2.2. Attempting to upgrade in the base
env causes the install script to just hang due to some unknown conflict. It
was suggested that I install in a new conda environment. I tried making a
spyder533 named env. But I get a new error when I try to install *any*
package in this new env:
"CondaSSLError: OpenSSL appears to be unavailable on this machine. OpenSSL
is required to download and install packages."

I also tried running the reset Spyder script and uninstalling Anaconda and
reinstalling it. Both attempts brought no joy.
I appear to be stuck.
-Mark