I'm using anaconda navigator 2.3.2 on windows 10.

Using anaconda navigator,  I create a new environment then install spyder
5.4.0, opencv 4.6.0, and cmd.exe Prompt 0.1.1.

running python from within the cmd.exe prompt and importing cv2 works.

opening spyder and running import cv2 results in the following error msg.
"ImportError: DLL load failed while importing cv2: The specified procedure
could not be found."

However, if I install opencv using pip from within my anaconda environment
using the cmd prompt, everything works.

I know I should just install via pip and be happy but I cant drop it.  I
essentially traced it back to the different locations pip and conda install
the opencv files but I haven't been able to point spyder to the correct
locations.

Any ideas?