Hi Jeff,

To run code using a Python 3.12 interpreter I think the only option for the
moment is to use a custom interpreter or to do a installation via pip.
Regarding the issue you have when trying to use the custom interpreter
option, not completly sure but from the mention of an invalid path, maybe
that behavior is related with this issue: Unable to select Python 3.10
interpreter · Issue #17380 · spyder-ide/spyder (github.com)
<https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues/17380>

Let us know if the info above helps!

Best regards,

Daniel