Eduardo wrote

> When I use the same script with a standalone application it works but
> when I try to run it as a wsgi application it fails (wsgi logs does
> not contain any information regarding the failure!)

Try turning on SQL logging (either by passing echo='debug') to
create_engine, or by configuring the python logging package as described
on http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/core/engines.html#configuring-logging.
Then you should see the SQL being issued and the results coming back
from the database.

How are you configuring transactions? Is it possible that the
transaction isn't being committed at the end of the web request, so any
changes you've made are being discarded?

Simon