I'm aware with Oracle I could probably do something like this:
REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(o.jobdtl_cmd, CHR(9), ''), CHR(10), ''), CHR(13),
'') as COMMAND

Is there a database agnostic way of doing this in SQLAlchemy?

Would  it be possible to provide a list of numbers, like 9,10,13, that
would get iterated through to strip out the character and replace with an
empty string?

I was looking under func, thinking it maybe something you could do there...

Perhaps via Register function?
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/functions.html#sqlalchemy.sql.functions.register_function

Does anyone have an example of a register function?

Many thanks again.