On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 8:07:23 PM UTC-5, Jeremy Flowers wrote:

> I'm afraid it just doesn't work. I would think you have to import String
> too..

Please run the entirety of what I pasted above as it's own file and share
the error.  That is a self-contained example that runs as a file under
Python 2 and 3.  String is imported at the top section under 'standard
imports'

In the example above, I use two forms (SELECT and INSERT), and iterate over
a string / number / None, and strings containing the characters you strip.