I've noticed that, on Mac OS X at least, I'm getting a lot of temporary files filling up my in my /private/tmp directory as I use SQLite, and they aren't being deleted even when I close the database. I've seen comments in the archives for this mailing list that suggest that the files should be getting removed automatically when they are closed. Perhaps that they aren't is a bug in OS X? I've also found one piece of commented out code in pager.h that, when re-enabled, does seem to delete the files when the database closes. Is it safe to put that code back in? And will that code pretty much shoot all the temporary files that might be getting created?

Thanks for any info.