Williams, Ken wrote:
Hi,

I'm using DBD::SQLite compiled with SQLite version 2.8.11.  I'm getting the
following error, with RaiseError => 1:

   DBD::SQLite::db do failed:  at load_db.pl line 27, <$in_file> line
220663.

(Line 27 is simply $dbh->do("COMMIT"); )

So,

A) Why isn't the error string being displayed as part of the error?

Don't know anything about the DBD::SQLite extension. Is there a separate mailing list for that? Seems like DBD::SQLite is hosted on sourceforge, isn't it? Probably ought to ask there.

B) What might be actually causing the commit to fail? There is 1 active transaction at this point in the code, and no previous transactions. My script boils down to the following pseudocode:

   create_new_sqlite_database();
   $dbh->do("BEGIN");
   add_lots_of_rows_to_lots_of_tables();
   $dbh->do("COMMIT");

It is possible for a COMMIT to fail because you either ran out of disk space or memory. But those errors are much more likely to occur while you are doing INSERTs. By the time you get to the COMMIT, most (or all) of the disk and memory space has already been allocated.

I'm guessing some kind of DBD::Sqlite problem here.

--
D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565