Cesare D'Amico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Alle 21:54, martedà 17 febbraio 2004, Andreas Rottmann ha scritto:
>> Since SQLite
>> DB files are not stored in a central, known place, automatic upgrades
>> (like e.g. the Debian PostgreSQL package does) can not be attempted
>> by the Debian SQLite package that will ship with Sarge.
>
> Debian (which I use) could bundle the db upgrade utility in the package,
> and print a gianltly big warning stating that the utility must be run
> against any old sqlite db not to break compatibility.

<wear hat="Debian maintainer">

There is already a debconf warning in place, when changing from <=
2.5.6 to >= 2.6.0 (about breaking backwards compatibility with the
current automatic upgrade feature). I wanted to stress that
previously, there was no user interaction (but acknowledging the
warning) required, but when people will switch from Woody (last
release) to Sarge (upcoming release) they will have to run the upgrade
utiltity for all their databases manually, if automatic DB upgrade is
dropped.

However, I didn't want to say "Richard, please don't drop that code
under any circumstances", but I wanted to notify Richard that upgrades
directly from <= 2.5.6 to >= 2.6.0 will happen for Debian users that
currently run Woody and use SQLite from Woody when they switch to
Sarge. I don't really know how big this userbase is, however (I'd
wildly guess: not too large).

</wear>

> The best way to accelerate a Windows machine is at 9.81 m/s^2

May I stash that into my random .sig generator?

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | [EMAIL PROTECTED]      | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | [EMAIL
PROTECTED]

It's *GNU*/Linux dammit!