At 3:12 PM -0500 3/18/04, rich coco wrote:
I have a legacy app that uses mySQL as the embedded RDBMS.
The app makes explicit invocations to mysql library functions.
There is no ODBC layer being used at all.
<snip>
What about existing SQL statements (explicit arguments to mysql
function calls) that use SQL keywords/contructs (eg, REGEXP) not
supported by SQLite? Is there a best-practices way of doing this
kind of transition from one DB to another?
advice welcome.

What programming language is your application written in? Depending on your answer, there may be libraries out there for said language that will translate the SQL and/or related functionality for you by emulating one database on top of another. (I'm also making one such thing in Perl right now, with other language versions to follow later.) -- Darren Duncan