At 9:42 AM +1000 6/3/04, Greg Obleshchuk wrote:
Hi David,
I have been thinking about developing a backup/restore as part of my
wrapper. It would be great to have all of these features compatible.
I really wanted to backup the database and then have the ability to restore
just one table or the entire DB. What do you think? Maybe we should create a wiki page on sqlite.org?
Greg

As a partial coincidence, I am doing something similar but in Perl. My 'Rosetta' database abstraction layer has a "clone database" function in its API (which can be used for backups); when implemented against SQLite, this function will do a standard file copy such as I described. (Note that the "normal" access to SQLite is implemented using DBD::SQLite, such as open/close, queries, etc.) -- Darren Duncan