On Jun 3, 2004, at 2:17 AM, Darren Duncan wrote:

At 2:04 AM +0200 6/3/04, David Costa wrote:
so in this case you just check if a file .journal exist and if it does you keep that file right ?

Yes. But check the sqlite.org website documentation to make sure that is the correct file name.

from here http://www.sqlite.org/fileformat.html it looks like is a file with -journal appended.
Now (hope will be my last question and sorry again for bothering) am I right to assume that if a -journal file exist something has gone wrong and that file should be part of the backup
for the relevant rollback ?

Secondly, for testing purposes, how can I create the situation where something doesn't go as planned and the -journal file appears ?

thanks
David Costa

It would be interesting to see how you did it in Perl

The function I describe isn't implemented yet, but should be around release 5 or 6 of my Rosetta-Extensions distribution on CPAN ( http://search.cpan.org , that Perl repository which PEAR emulates for PHP ). Meanwhile, the (pre-alpha) API is already documented in the SQL-SyntaxModel distribution under "commands".

-- Darren Duncan