<I'm sorry if this isn't really in line with the current thread, because
I've only been reading bits and pieces. If you just want Delphi, have
you checked                            < Borland's site lately? They
used to give away the personal version of Delphi, as long as you didn't
write anything commercial with it. Of course, I don't think
< it was the latest version, but for free it works. You can also get the
Borland command line tools for free, and there are a number of different
IDEs on the net that support various compilers.

Eric Pankoke

Founder

Point Of Light Software

 <http://www.polsoftware.com/> http://www.polsoftware.com/

hi eric-

thank you for the ideas.  i will have fun picking out software used to
design more software.  i already am investigating sqlite for delphi on
sourceforge to see if it works with delphi personal 7 edition.  i have
two questions posted to a sourceforge forum inquiring about it.  it is
easy to just go plop down 1000 on the cadillac version of some software
and know it will work but i like sorting through the bins and coming up
with a decent tool and save money.  to be honest the expensive software
has way more features then i need and i'd never end up using all those
features anyways.

btw i think that your scorch product is a really neat idea.

i will check back in this forum after i select new design software and
get busy writing.

thanks- goodbye