At 14:57 02/02/2005, Paul Malcher wrote:
Scott Chapman wrote:

Regarding the issue of SQL Server vs. SQLite:
If the choice were between SQL Server and SQLite, and the need came up that SQLite could not meet, I'd pitch for PostgreSQL (_not_ MySQL). PostgreSQL version 8.0 has been released and runs natively on Windows.

When it comes to PostgreSQL vs MySQL there is only one answer. OWNED! PostgreSQL has been around for far longer that MySQL its more mature, it can handle the heavy loads without slowing down. Next to PostgreSQL, SQLite is the best choice, both aboslutely kick butt.

Even though I used to work for MySQL I have always regarded PostgreSQL as being to better. MySQL is fine for driving data driven web site and that it. If you want more then PostgreSQL is the natural choice. Now that I have found SQLite my priorities have changed; I no longer use MySQL for anything

---

Regards
John Dean,
co-author of Rekall,