Hi,

Cem Vedat ISIK wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply, I'm using gcc but I think I have nothing to do with a Mac, since the PowerPC I mention is not the PowerPC of Macintosh. I'm working on a Motorola PowerPC.

Last time I checked, Motorola were one of the vendors delivering PowerPC chips to Apple's Macintosh line. That may have changed, of course.

If you don't want to incur the expense of buying a hardware Mac, there is always software emulation. One Open Source PowerPC/Mac emulator which I'm very happy with is PearPC:

http://pearpc.sourceforge.net
http://www.pearpc.net

You might get a cross-compiler to work more easily under that platform. PearPC supports networking, so you can probably even use something like Fink to get the required packages. If you don't want to buy Mac OS X, there is always OpenDarwin. The PearPC website has instructions for how to install OpenDarwin on PearPC.

PearPC supports configurable sizes of RAM, so you shouldn't run into RAM problems using PearPC.

HTH

Ulrik