-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Allan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:53 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] UPDATE - crash when many columns

Hi,

I am using SQLite on an embedded software product.

I seem to have a problem when I update more than 6 columns within a
single record at one time. All columns are in the same table, they are
either strings, integers or dates.

I am using the SQL command:-

UPDATE PATIENTS SET
FIRSTNAME=?,SURNAME=?,SEX=?,WEIGHT=?,HEIGHT=?,FACTOR=?,DYSPNOEA_SCORE=?,
SMOKING_STATUS=?,OCCUPATION=?,REFERRED_BY=? WHERE PATIENT_ID = '296'

or similar, where the values for the ?'s are all binded via the
appropriate sqlite3_bind_* C functions.

Now this will run fine when SQLite and our application is compiled and
run on Windows, but when the same code is run on our target harware it
will crash immediately at sqlite3_prepare().

If I update a smaller number of columns (maximum seems to be 6) then it
runs without any problems, but increase this and it will crash.

I cannot determine why this happens. Has anybody had the same or a
similar problem? Can anyone help me or help me confirm what the actual
problem may be?

Thanks in advance for any help

Mark

Furnishing no hardware specs requires one to presume there is some form
of hardware constraint (most likely memory) causing you issue.

Fred