Sunday, November 13, 2016, 2:16:40 PM, you wrote:

Thanks. Well what I've done is to create an encrypted database with
SQLite2009 and then use that in my C# project. I just add the password to
the connection string in my app and then it works right away. As far as
I understand (I'm new to all this) you can also create a database from
within your app if it's based on system.data.sqlite.

I just can't edit the table columns or add new ones in SQLite2009 once
the database is saved or reopened, I can only edit the record data. I
just read that once created, you can't (or only very limited) edit the
columns of an SQLite database, you have to create a new database with
the desired structure and copy the data over. I think that's what DB
Browser for SQLite does since you actually can reopen and edit the
columns and their parameters etc. with it. It can also create
encrypted databases but the encryption scheme it uses is not supported
by system.data.sqlite it seems.

But all in all it works fine, I'm just a bit concerned with the RSA
encryption in system.data.lite as I've heard it's slow and easy to
crack, so I'd prefer something else. I haven't notice any speed
problems so far though, I can insert 5500+ records each with 14
columns in a second or so.

SQLITE Expert looks interesting but I wonder if it also uses the
built-in RSA encryption in system.data.sqlite?