> I'm still trying to figure out a graceful way to implement
> a "scratch" database table that has the following properties:

> o Can be created on demand while a database connection is open.
> o Can include references to other material in the database to
>   ensure integrity.
> o Will be automatically deleted when the database is closed.
>
> TEMPORARY tables can't do the second bullet, as I understand it.
>
> Right now I have application code that manages such tables,
> but it seems clunky and error-prone.  Am I missing any SQLite
>  feature that would let me do this more easily?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Randall.

I have a Java program that is used as a plugin for my application
that can before a query on a database that then creates a mem/file
database of the data. Not sure if it would meet point 2. Still
needs some work because it works with other databases also, but
the SQLite to SQLite should be fine.

danap.