Hi Jim,

I ran an overnight job and converted 300+ million dates to the ISO 8601 format.

Here are examples of the new dates.

        2017/04/10 07:24:15 PM
        2017/03/07 08:08:58 AM
        2016/11/06 12:35:15 PM

Since this should be easier how would you go about determining the Day(s)
Difference from the current date?

Thanks in advance,

-Ron

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Jim Callahan
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:22 PM
To: SQLite mailing list <sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQLite - Interrogate Date/Time field Statement question

This code:

SELECT ( substr('02/13/2016',7,4) || '-'
      || substr('02/13/2016',1,2) || '-'
      || substr('02/13/2016',4,2) ) ;

yields

2016-02-13

The above code, is dependent on fixed length strings (the leading zero) in
other words '02/13/2016' and not '2/13/2016'.

If you do not have fixed length date strings,  you would probably have to use
globs or regular expressions.

*glob(X,Y)*

The glob(X,Y) function is equivalent to the expression "*Y GLOB X*". Note that
the X and Y arguments are reversed in the glob() function relative to the infix
GLOB <https://sqlite.org/lang_expr.html#glob> operator.

https://sqlite.org/lang_corefunc.html#glob

The REGEXP operator is a special syntax for the regexp() user function. No
regexp() user function is defined by default and so use of the REGEXP operator
will normally result in an error message. If an application-defined SQL
function <https://sqlite.org/c3ref/create_function.html> named "regexp"
is added at run-time, then the "*X* REGEXP *Y*" operator will be implemented as
a call to "regexp(*Y*,*X*)".

https://sqlite.org/lang_expr.html

Type of regular expression needed:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7f38ee7b-15e2-4e2c-8389-1266f496e4b2/regular-expression-to-get-date-format-from-string?forum=csharplanguage