On 6/14/17, Paul Sanderson <sandersonforens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am just taking a look at imposter tables and while the implementation is
> neat I am just wondering what their use is, or rather what they can achieve
> that a view can't achieve (and without the risk of DB corruption).

Imposter tables are used by the RBU extension
(https://www.sqlite.org/rbu.html) to allow indexes to be updated
independently from tables, and in key order, for reduced write
amplification and improved efficiency during bulk updates.

Minor coding errors in the use of imposter tables can corrupt the
database. If you feel you ust use them, do so with with great care.
--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org