On 6/17/2017 10:36 AM, Robert M. Münch wrote:
To get a traditional VIEW on this, we want to transpose the data, or create a
pivot of it. Here is a pretty simple structure of such a VIEW for the first
three columns:

For the first three (or any fixed N) columns, yes. But I thought you wanted a
view that somehow automatically becomes wider or narrower as rows are inserted
or deleted in the underlying table. I don't believe such a thing is possible.

That's what I need

So you already know the answer to your question, then? What else would you like
assistance with?