On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> https://www.sqlite.org/draft/bindptr.html

Thanks. Very helpful. Still unsure whether not having a destructor D for
pointer P is a good thing though.
The text explicitly says the pointer is "destroyed" when not flowing
directly from producer to consumer,
which could mean calling the D(P) in that case. The current semantic seem
to imply the pointer producer
is longer lived than the pointer consumer, and thus no lifetime management
is necessary, but will that always be the case?

Also, the new pointer APIs are said to be an enhanced version of
*_subtype(), so there's some overlap,
but I guess one can use both at the same time, no? Or is _subtype()
deprecated? JSON1 uses _subtype
I believe, so _subtype() has more uses than the one _pointer() APIs replace
it for? Maybe an extra paragraph
regarding _pointer vs _subtype() would be helpful? At least I'd like your
perspective on it.

Thanks, --DD

Minor fixes:
s/Upping The Thread Level/Upping The Threat Level/
s/Consideration was giving to using integer values as the pointer
type/Consideration was giveb to using integer values as the pointer type/
s/if a pointer value insert into a query/if a pointer value inserted into a
query/