Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de>
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 14:41
To: sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] What's the level of B+-Tree ?

ni james wrote:
> In the "SQLite File Format" document, the BTree layout is described,
> but now I want to know how to get the BTree level (which is the 'K'
> value mentioned in the Documentation)?

At the end of section 1.5, a "K" is defined.  But I don't think that is
the same K.

Anyway, the document also says:
| The cell pointer array of a b-tree page immediately follows the b-tree
| page header. Let K be the number of cells on the btree. The cell
| pointer array consists of K 2-byte integer offsets to the cell
| contents.

The number of cells in the page is found at offset 3 in the b-tree page
header.

Regards,
Clemens
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the sqlite-users
Archives. (The current archive is only available to the list ...