Yes, yes, that's what I'm seeking....

________________________________
R Smith <rsm...@rsweb.co.za>
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 18:25
To: sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] What's the level of B+-Tree ?

On 2017/08/11 11:08 AM, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> james ni wrote:
>> As in the example that I provided, there are 4 cells in a single btree
>> page. So there must be some mechanism to determine hoe many keys that
>> one cell can own.
> I want to know exactly the very value and just how to change the value
> to a larger one, for example, 256, 512, or even larger.
> Keys (and values) can have arbitrary size, so to change how many can fit
> into a page, make them smaller.  :)

I think perhaps there is a communication failure here. I think the OP is
looking for a way to change the target key count or maximum allowed keys
or whatever other value controls how wide a B-Tree page/leaf becomes
before SQLite decides to de-congest it into two/more new apartments
(whatever they may be). I /think/ that's what is being asked.

If that is the question - I'm not an expert on it, but I don't think it
works like that. I think DB Page-sizes dictate those decisions, but I
might well be wrong.

To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the sqlite-users
Archives. (The current archive is only available to the list ...