Dear All,
I am doing a research on the energy consumed by a query in SQLite. I have a
program which fills a database with blocks of data. Then, it attempts to
remove some data from the database. I don't know how to measure the energy
consumed from my host, i.e., my laptop which has both the SQLite and the
program, from the time I generated the query till the query is finished and
control returns back to my program.

Any help is highly appreciated.

I'm sure you have a good reason to want to do this, but I think it's not a worthy pursuit.

It's a bit like trying to measure the amount of Energy a road uses. The answer is simple: It depends very much on which vehicles drive on it. The road doesn't use energy, it's just a venue or method used by machines who themselves consume the energy based on how efficient THEY are. Sure a longer or more curvy road will require more energy than a shorter road, so you can get COMPARATIVE or scaled energy ratios for different length roads for similar vehicles perhaps, but in the end quantifying that "road A uses X energy" will be patently false.

Similarly, SQLite's energy usage depends on the TDP and energy coefficients of the machine it is running on.

If you want to know how SQLite stacks up against another database or storage mechanism (possibly in terms of who uses more battery power from the phone it runs on) then you can simply measure the cycles/FPO's of both test subjects and there's programs out there to do that with for every platform. (SQLite will likely beat anything else by a mile for equal data handling ops).

This will give you a great ratio of energy usage against whatever else it is measured, but measuring quantified physical energy usage is merely an arbitration of the machine it is running on, it has no intrinsic value as a stand-alone figure.

Tell us more of your specific goals, maybe someone here has a way...

Cheers,
Ryan