Can someone point me to the documentation for behaviour of date/time
functions inside transactions? In my code it appears time is frozen.
The command-line client on the other hand doesn't behave the same way:

        sqlite> begin immediate;
        sqlite> select julianday();
        julianday()
        ----------------
        2458086.15509343
        sqlite> select julianday();
        julianday()
        2458086.15511422

I'm guessing that the CLI is kind of broken, given that the in-code
version matches with what PostgreSQL does.

On a related note, is a user-defined function the only way to get the
real system time within a transaction? Would the developers consider an
additional "real" (or similar) datetime modifier?

--
Mark Lawrence