Rowan Worth-2 wrote
> I'm not sure what you're worried about? Dropping and recreating identical
> indices within a transaction won't cause a visible structure change to
> concurrent readers -- that's the point of a transaction.

I honestly don't see how in any DB system the client process would not crash
if the index it's running a curson on were to be removed. Even if SQLite
were to pull this magic out of the hat, starving client processes for the
lack of an index (a full scan query would probably take in excess of 30s)
would quickly pile up the clients to the point where one would have to kill
them anyway.
So with this in mind, I'm really not looking for a barbaric fix to this, I'm
more of tryng to understand the problem and find a viable, semantically
stable solution (and maybe trigger some improvements in SQLite, if there's a
system bug).