On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Warren Young <war...@etr-usa.com> wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2017, at 7:07 AM, Michael Tiernan <michael.tier...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > "Working as advertised" Okay, that's just funny. That it doesn't build is
> > correct?
>
> It does build.

Okay, it does build the binaries. Valid point.

  It just doesn’t install to a directory it can’t write to, because you
> told it to install system-level things.

Not going to hash it out here but I didn't tell it to install system-level
things, I told it to compile and install everything locally. Just like I do
with lots of other source packages especially when I'm not very familiar
with the software and wish to make sure of what I'm doing before committing
it to the system.

> > Just as an FYI, it builds correctly on MacOSX and doesn't complain about
> > things it can't control.
> I’m guessing you’re using Homebrew,

Nope, not at all. It doesn't seem to try and touch the things it has no
right to touch.

--
    << MCT >>   Michael C Tiernan.    http://www.linkedin.com/in/mtiernan

    Non Impediti Ratione Cogatationis
    Women and cats will do as they please, and
    men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. -Robert A. Heinlein