On 1/4/18, Dinu <dinumar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I think it's every DB's intention to optimize as best possible
> a query into an execution plan. None does it perfectly, but all try to, very
> hard.

There are trade-offs here.  How much slower are you willing for
sqlite3_prepare() to run in order to get a better query plan?  How
much extra memory and disk space are you willing to allocation to
libsqlite3.so in order to get a better query plan?  Are you willing to
impose these costs on (literally) billions of other users that don't
really need the more advanced query planning?  These are hard
questions with no easy answers.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org